The major difference being the OOPS concept, C++ is an object-oriented language whereas C language is a procedural language. Apart from this, there are many other features of C++ which give this language an upper hand over C language.
Following features of C++ makes it a stronger language than C,
* There is Stronger Type Checking in C++.
* All the OOPS features in C++ like Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, etc make it more worthy and useful for programmers.
* C++ supports and allows user-defined operators (i.e Operator Overloading) and function overloading is also supported in it.
* Exception Handling is there in C++.
* The Concept of Virtual functions and also Constructors and Destructors for Objects.
* Inline Functions in C++ instead of Macros in C language. Inline functions make complete function body act like Macro, safely.
* Variables can be declared anywhere in the program in C++ but must be declared before they are used.